Sunday 9 August 2009

Mental Toughness

Thursday night's Strength and Conditioning Bootcamp in Hull was one of the best yet. P*ssing rain, a load of mud and a beastly amount of effort went down. I was impressed with the good turnout as the weather puts some wimps off - These guys have mental toughness.

While Nick's £15 Diadora's were the focal point of the session (!), they proved invaluable as he and the others pulled in bodyweight 80 yard sled pulls in under 40 seconds. Stu and James were new to the Bootcamp and were not used to deadlifting from the floor - as in PROPER DEADLIFTS!




If you prefer the 1st photo, chances are you're not on the strong side.
On the sled relay, 16 yr-old Ben made the mistake of wearing white and inevitably got grafted! Another young'un (also called Ben) had given everything on the circuit but still got up to pull in the bodyweight sled - they both did it in good times. I really wish I could ve had this Bootcamp available when I was younger. I'd have got stronger a lot quicker than I had been doing.

Watch out for the next post because there are pictures of some of the action that goes down.

Feel free to comment on this post or email me to ask questions, or book on for your Bootcamp Experience.

No comments: